Thursday 30 June 2011

Little peasant

This was done for my character design course. Maybe the third project, if I recall. We were asked to create an original character based on an animated movie or serie. We were limited to a UPA style, but we could choose any animated movie of serie that respect this rule.

"Brendan and the secret of kells" is in a UPA style. We call this "en aplat" in french. I don't know the english terminology.

I found the graphic style of Brendan and the secret of kells inspiring. Actually one of my favorite UPA style. The project was done shortly after having watched the movie. Then, I tried different variations for a little peasant. The final reasult show her long hairs with bigger sleeves in proportion. I also pulled down the face a little and got her thiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my personal blog. You can see my work by surfing in the portfolio section.